We’ve hit one of the sweet spots in the year where retailers are practically shoving merchandise into our bags and asking for mere pennies in return.
But as you can remember, one of my goals this year is to not purchase things just because they’re on sale.
Here’s a list of items that can we worn in the dead of winter and well into spring, and they all happen to be super cheap.
Even if you can’t find these exact items in the store (that’s the risk you take when writing about things that are on sale), you’ll at least have guidelines so you know what to spend your money on.
All of these pieces, by the way, can be found at different retailers in West Town Mall…
1. Palazzo Knit Pants from New York & Co. – Remember that post I did about volume? Well, these pants are a great example of putting volume on the bottom. Balance them out with a form fitting turtleneck or v-neck sweater, and warm up your toes in the winter by pairing them with your chunkiest boot. With the pant leg being so wide, no one will be able to tell! Then keep rocking them into the spring with high heels, a fitted tank, a patterned cardigan and a long swingy necklace. They’re on sale for $10 so the cost-per-wear ratio is un. real.
2. Sequin Sweater from GAP – A chunky sweater like this is going to really keep you warm and cute, especially if you layer a crisp white button down underneath it and pair it with jeans and boots. But the shiny polka-dots and gray color is happy enough to transition well into spring where you could rock it with cuffed boyfriend jeans and some bright pink heels. Gosh, I think I’ve talked MYSELF into buying this one!
3. Kiera Leather Booties from Ann Taylor – This is a classic shoe, so regardless of the season, if you see these puppies on sale snatch them up. They’re especially great to have now because you can wear them with sheer or opaque black tights, and later with cuffed boyfriend jeans. Badda bing. Badda boom.
4. Teardrop Treasure Earrings from Charming Charlie – This past year I fell in LOVE with colored drop earrings. Especially as an owner of a lot of black and a whole lotta gray, simple earrings with color like these really jazz up a neutral outfit. Grab them for $8 and use them to punch up some of your drab winter sweaters, then break them out again in the spring when you buy a floral patterned dress that incorporates this same gorgeous turquoise.
5. Kennedy Solid Tote from Francesca’s – I apologize, I thought this bag was on sale but it’s not. But before you go crossing it off your list, lets think of how attention grabbing this color would be on a cold, overcast winter day… Now let’s imagine how beautifully it would transition into spring with it’s unexpected shade of yellow that would surprisingly go with everything in your closet. See? It works.