Someone asked me the other day what my favorite part of summer is. I responded…counting down to fall.
So maybe I don’t enjoy the extreme heat, bugs and humidity like some do (I painted such a beautiful picture, didn’t I ;) I do enjoy the easy style offerings that come with lazy nights outside, wiping off the watermelon from my chin and feeling weightless as I float in the pool.
Let’s squeeze out all the fun wearing any (or all!) of these picks, which can be found in the beautifully air-conditioned West Town Mall!
1. My love affair with gold could be fleeting, so I’ll pick up this wallet-friendly, yet still glamorous gold watch from Charming Charlie.
2. GAP workout clothes are fan…tastic – all the wicking and support and cuteness without all the cash dropping.
3. I love everything about this dress (and I’m pretty sure it has pockets!), find it at The Limited.
4. I need more pattern in my closet, but until I find something as beautiful as stripes or leopard print, I’ll go with a great textured top from Ann Taylor.
5. A beautiful cover up for your bum and you don’t even have to tie it! Just slip it on and walk the beachy cat walk :)
6. Wearing my hair up without studs in my ear is breaking a fashion commandment. And the color of these beauties from Francesca’s will go with everything.
7. Ever since we moved into our house, I’ve been buying pillows like they are jugs of milk. Pottery Barn and their fantastic sale is feeding my addiction.
8. Simple black wedges are so important to rounding out your summer looks! Thank you, Charlotte Russe!
9. I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE (Dillard’s).
10. After I had Jackson, I passed a pregnant girl wearing jeans like these and I slapped myself in the forehead. They are the perfect during-and-post pregnancy jeans because they have the elastic waist!
11. What’s better than a Piko top from Fiore in the summer? A sleeveless Piko dress from Fiore! (or tunic because really, these things are short for those of us with long legs).