Four words I’ve never heard anyone say, “I really enjoy packing.”
That’s because no one enjoys whittling down their possessions to what they “think” they’ll need while away from home, and cramming it all in the tiny space of a suitcase. But if that’s the most amount of work I have to do for a few days of relaxation, I’ll suck it up.
Here I showed you four dresses that could get you glamorously through a weekend away. Today I’m going to show you that all you need to pack in your makeup bag are these six items…
1. CC Cream - Give your foundation a break and let your skin breathe a bit by just packing a high powered cream. Most versions give you great coverage, evens your skin tone and moisturizes. So don’t fight me on this, just pack it.
2. Maybelline Color Tattoo in “Bad to the Bronze” - This eye shadow is basically what my lids live in during the summer. It’s got the right amount of shimmer, goes great with a tan, doesn’t crease, and can be layered up for a more dramatic effect. It’s the black t-shirt of your makeup bag.
3. MAC Black Eyeshadow in “Carbon” - When you’re packing lightly you need products that can pull double duty. This can be layered on as an eyeliner during the day, and can live inside your water line for a smokey eye at night. It’s totally awesome like that.
4. MAC Small Angled Brush #266 – I use this brush only… everyday. It’s the best for filling in my brows and creating the perfect cat eye. It’s also great for getting liner and shadow right there where your lashes meet your lid, giving you a fuller lash effect. Sounds like this little guy wins a ride on the vacay-bus!
5. L’Oreal Mascara – Even though you’re on vacation, people are still going to need to see your lashes! Remember mascara, forget the lash curler. It takes up room and you can give it a rest (unless you’re one of those weirdos that loves curling lashes).
6. Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush – Saying the name is a vacation in and of itself! The great thing about this blush is you can apply it with two fingers, which means you can leave your blush brush at home with a bag of potato chips and the Netflix password.